The 9th walk took place on 25th November. I loved every part of the day but a number of highlights stand out.
- The tranquillity of Goulds Lagoon
- Being at the Austins Ferry point and looking across to the Old Beach jetty
- Finding James Austins House
- Being surprised how long it took to walk around the water edge of Claremont Golf Course
- Arriving at and walking around Dogshear Point
- The down time at the Cadbury chocolate factory
- Being followed by a duck
- Pied Oyster Catchers on the golf course and parks
- The rough-hewn bench seat near Lowestoft Bay
- The memorial to defence force dogs
- Discovering the Worm Mound at MONA
Earlier postings provide more information on these highlights or you can email me for further information
Please note; anyone choosing to walk this stage needs to be aware there are no public toilets. However, a number of businesses have toilet facilities to which you may be able to gain access.
My 10th walking stage will start at bus stop 33 in Berriedale and then will continue south towards Lutana.