Here is information about a new thrill for Walking the Derwent followers who have been sad to see this blog coming to an end …
I know many followers have loved their daily fix of Derwent River walking and related stories and some have said they will feel quite bereft once the postings stop.
For those devotees of the Tasmanian landscape I am delighted to tell you I have started a new blog that takes effect today! Over time I plan to tell the stories of my experiences in Tasmania’s great Cool Temperate Forests of the Tarkine. Never heard of them? Well go to my new blog Touching the Tarkine (www.touchingthetarkine.wordpress.com) to find out more.
The menu items underneath the header image are:
- Home (which will have a new blog posting each day starting tomorrow),
- About (which explains what the blog intends to do)
- What is the Tarkine?
- Where is the Tarkine?
- How to get to the Tarkine?
- Why take an interest in the Tarkine?
As with this Walking the Derwent blog, in the side bar on the actual blog screen I have added a few useful favourites:
- The Follow by email option- add in your email address (and no-one but me sees it) and then automatically every day the latest post pops into your email inbox without you having to remember to check. DO THAT TODAY SO YOU DON’T FORGET!
- A Search option so you can hunt through the extending blog for particular places or ideas or names etc
- An Archives option so you can go back to the beginning of the blog or to a particular month later on if you need to, or if you want to show friends
- A Google Translate option for international followers who do not read English and for Australians who have English as their second or third language
- A Contact detail with my new email address for this blog: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have fallen in love with the Tarkine for its forests and rivers, and I am super excited to let you see that ‘original’ world. Expect to see glorious photos.
Please join me at www.touchingthetarkine.wordpress.com, and feel comfortable to add your comment onto my postings at any time.